Convenient Radiology Services Right Here
Cherokee Regional Medical Center brings quality medical care to you close to home, and that includes an extensive lineup of imaging services with our highly trained radiology department. There’s no need to travel great distances for annual or specialized imaging exams.
Comprehensive Range of Scans and Imaging
Using the latest in modern medical technology, our radiology department is prepared to move your care forward with conveniently located services and results you can trust. When your doctor orders imaging exams, our expert team can help you and your doctor get answers.
Our imaging services include:
- Bone density testing — Commonly used to evaluate osteoporosis in post-menopausal women. Most exams will focus on the spine and hip.
- CT scans — Sophisticated imaging that allows doctors to see the body in cross-sectional “slices.” Used to diagnose many conditions and to examine the body for bleeding, tumors, etc. Also called CAT scan.
- 3D mammography — We offer women advanced 3D mammography, which helps doctors detect breast cancer early and is a better choice for women with dense breast tissue.
- MRI — Imaging that uses magnets to diagnose brain and nervous system disorders, cancer and musculoskeletal problems. Breast MRI has recently been added.
- Nuclear medicine — Uses injected radioactive material to assess organ function. We provide scans of the liver, heart, bones, thyroid and lymph nodes. Are these services safe? Absolutely. Our team of experts carefully calibrates the radioactive material for each person’s age, weight and other variables, and the material is in the body for only a short time.
- Ultrasound — Uses high-frequency sound waves to produce an image of the interior body. Used to assess the heart, reproductive organs, kidneys, liver, pancreas, gallbladder, thyroid and blood vessels. We offer 3D/4D ultrasound during pregnancy as well. AAA and Carotid screenings are offered at $35 out of pocket cost.
- X-ray services — Digital imaging that resembles a photo negative.
New! CT Lung Cancer Screenings
We offer CT lung cancer screenings to people at high risk of developing lung cancer, because early detection increases the rate of survival. By the time lung cancer signs and symptoms develop, the cancer is usually too advanced for curative treatment.
The screening is recommended for those:
- Age 55-77
- Current smoker or have quit within the past 15 years
- Smoked at least a pack of cigarettes a day for 30+ years or two packs a day for 15 years
- No signs or symptoms of lung cancer
Talk to your doctor if you’re unsure whether you should have the CT lung cancer screening.
Insurance coverage for the screening may vary among insurers. If you do not have insurance, you must pay for the screening at the time of the exam.
For more information or to make an appointment, call 712-225-5101.
Your Place. For Exceptional Care.
That’s the Cherokee Regional Medical Center difference.