Health and Wellness in the Workplace
The goal of Cherokee Regional Medical Center Occupational Health is the well-being and safety of employees in the workplace — whether you have 10 employees or 100. We particularly focus on injury prevention and employee education. From drug testing to pre-placement assessments, we can help keep your workers safe and healthy. Being located just inside the Main Entrance at Cherokee Regional Medical Center makes our Occupational Health Department easy to find.
Why Occupational Health Matters
Safeguarding the health and wellness of your employees keeps them on the job, increases productivity and reduces expenses. And because we’re right here serving northwest Iowa, our health care services are conveniently close by.
Benefits of include:
- Lower worker’s compensation costs
- Lower absenteeism
- Improved employee morale and productivity
- Prompt treatment helps injured employees return to work
The core of our program is injury treatment and injury management. We also provide employee screening, on-site nursing, rehabilitation and wellness.
- Work site assessment
- Return to work planning
- Case management
- Musculoskeletal assessment
- Lab services
- X-ray services
- Drug screening (DOT and Non-DOT)
- Alcohol screening (DOT and Non-DOT)
- Hearing screening
- Annual physical
- Respiratory testing
- DOT physical
- Pre-placement/post-offer health assessment
Physical Capacity Profile (PCP)
- Computerized measurement of physical capabilities administered by certified professionals
- Vaccinations – flu, hepatitis B, tuberculosis (TB)
- TB screening
- Blood panels
- Lead screening
Safety and prevention
- Ergonomic assessments
- OSHA education – first aid, CPR, blood-borne pathogens
- Safety information
- Smoking cessation
- Preventative medicine
- Weight control
- Wellness Center programs
Where to Find Us
Cherokee Regional's Occupational Health Department is located just inside the Main Entrance at Cherokee Regional Medical Center.
For more information on these services and how they can benefit your employees and your business, call 712-225-5101.
Your Place. For Exceptional Care.
That’s the Cherokee Regional Medical Center difference.