When the Time Comes for Hospice Care at Home
Cherokee Regional Medical Center Hospice provides supportive care to people in the final stage of life’s journey. The focus is on comfort and quality of life, rather than cure. Our hospice services ensure patients are comfortable and without pain, so they can live each day as fully as possible.
Our highly skilled hospice staff and physicians collaborate to provide pain management and symptom control, as well as emotional, psychological, social and spiritual support for hospice patients and their families.
Our Hospice Philosophy
We recognize dying as a normal part of life, and hospice does not postpone or hasten death. Hospice is an affirmation of life, and our hospice care is thoughtfully designed to maintain the quality of remaining life for your loved one.
We provide comfort, support and compassion in a manner that respects and cherishes the dignity and uniqueness of each individual.
We believe that with appropriate care and surrounded by a caring community sensitive to their needs, hospice patients and their families can mentally and spiritually prepare for death and achieve a degree of peace to ease the journey.
When is Hospice Recommended?
Hospice care is for:
- People whose focus has changed from cure to care
- People who choose no heroic means to sustain life
- People who choose pain management, care and comfort rather than curative treatment
- People of all ages, from infants to adults
- People with end-stage conditions including diseases such as cancer, heart disease, pulmonary disease, AIDS, ALS, Alzheimer’s and chronic renal disease
- Family members who have lost a loved one (bereavement hospice services)
For more information about hospice, call 712-225-6459.
It’s All About You
That’s the Cherokee Regional Medical Center difference.