Cherokee Regional Medical Center shall fulfill their charitable missions by providing health care services to all individuals without regard to their ability to pay. CRMC shall provide fair financial assistance to low income or underinsured or uninsured patients. CRMC shall use consistent and fair collection practices for all patients. This policy is in effect for dates of service on or after January 1, 2016.
Cherokee Regional Medical Center is committed to meeting the needs of everyone in their communities, including those who cannot pay for their care. Similarly, patients who are able to pay have an obligation to pay and providers have a duty to seek payment from these individuals.
- Full charity care shall be provided to underinsured and uninsured patients earning 200% or less of the Federal Poverty Income Guideline (FPIG).
- A Financial Assistance Application must be completed and submitted with the required documentation. The required documentation consists of copies of the last 2 years income tax returns, last 2 bank statements, current pay stubs from all employers for all persons including children over the age of 19 that have resided in the household more than 6 months our of the last 12 months. This information must be submitted to the Business Office.
- Financial Assistance Policy and Financial Assistance Application are available here.
- Financial Assistance Policy information and Application may also be obtained at the CRMC Business Office or any of the CRMC Registration areas in the Emergency Department, Radiology Department, Laboratory Department and Specialty Clinic Department.
- You may contact the CRMC Business Office at 712-225-1504 to request that the Financial Assistance Policy and Application be mailed to you at no charge.
- Amounts charged for hospital emergency or other medically necessary hospital care that is provided to individuals eligible for assistance under this policy may not be more than the amounts generally billed to individuals who have insurance covering such care. Amounts billed to those who qualify for financial assistance will be based on CRMC current Medicare cost to charge ratio.
- If you need assistance with the Financial Assistance Application process, you may contact the CRMC Business Office on the second floor of CRMC or at 712-225-1504, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.